With a magnificent landscape dotted with huge rocks and boulders, mountains, rice fields and banana plantations, rivers and lakes, and temples galore, Hampi is almost surreal and truly mesmerizing.
Many people that go to Hampi stay longer than expected...they just get sucked into the "chillness" of the place and don't want to leave. I almost felt like that could happen to me...but I decided that my experience there was perfect and I was able to depart with no regrets.
The temples in Hampi are extraordinary. As I visited them, I was swept away into a dreamy state of pure wonderment and awe. How could people create such beauty, precision and detail so long ago? I have no answer. But like many amazing places in the world, it remains a mystery.
During my time in Hampi not only did I get to see amazing and beautiful temples, but I also swam in lakes and rivers, watched monkeys play and eat, got lessons on Hinduism and was blessed by many pujaris, cycled around the quiet countryside, and I even got to refresh my motorbike driving skills...yep, I still got it!








No comments:
Post a Comment