I arrived in Mumbai safe and sound yesterday in the early morning. Although the city is an assault on your senses- sounds of honking cars everywhere, smells ranging from food to urine, and so much to look at that it's difficult to focus your eyes- I also feel strangely at home here. Like I've been here before...
And although I have just arrived, I've already decided that I really like it here. It's actually quite fascinating to watch people in the streets. Everyone is just doing their thing, eating, talking, selling stuff, walking slowly through the traffic as cars and bicycles zoom by them, nearly crashing in to them. But it the midst of all that chaos, there seems to be a peacefulness as well. I really enjoy this contrast and I feel that it will only get better from here.
I can't wait to continue my journey, absorb and learn as much as I can from this beautiful and exciting country!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment