Also, we're planning on doing a three week trek so I won't write anything about Nepal until the end of May...don't worry, there will be a plenty to say about the country, the landscape and our experiences with Indian bureaucracy! More to come...
A barber shop in Calcutta. People were so friendly, they inviting me inside to watch the guy in the back get a shave.
Chai stand. Unlike anywhere else I've been so far, in Calcutta, they serve the street chai in small clay cups and when you're done, you can just smash the cup on the street (where it lays with all the rest of the garbage)!
Mmmm, mixture is awesome!
A tea plantation in Darjeeling with a nice view of how the city is built in layers all over the hills.
Tea leaf pickers. I absolutely loved these ladies boots and their smiles.
We visited the Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Center in Darjeeling. We met the most lovely people there. Just spending a few moments with them, helping them wind balls of yarn that they use to make carpets, I felt uplifted and had so much joy in my heart. I think you can tell by my smile...
I hope Ron is that cute when he's older!
Darjeeling still has a locomotive powered by steam and those who are interested can enjoy a 2hr joy ride on this old beauty!








No comments:
Post a Comment